Spotify is one of the most popular streaming platforms in the world. With over 286 monthly active listeners in 2020, having your podcast listed here would really help bring in more listeners. While it is primarily a music streaming platform their podcast section is steadily growing with almost every major podcaster listed here. Getting listed isn’t all that hard.
- Log into Spotify for Podcasters.
- Add your podcast’s RSS feed to your account and wait for the verification email from Spotify.
- Once you’ve confirmed that and entered your 8-digit code, add you have to do is enter all the other relevant details (Country, Genre, etc).
It’s really that simple.
We don’t need to tell you how big of a stakeholder Apple is. Getting your podcast listed on this directory is an absolute must. The process to do so is, thankfully, very easy.
It is quite a similar process to Spotify.
- Log into Podcast Connect and click the giant plus button on the side.
- Add your RSS feed.
- There is nothing more you need to do because your RSS feed provider will have filled in all the details for you.
Google does things a little differently. They use a web crawler to search for podcasts to add to their directory. If you want to speed up the process you can manually add your podcast feed to the list of podcasts that their crawler will find by going here and entering your details. Before any of this make sure you meet Google’s guidelines for podcasts.
After your podcast has been listed on Google you can claim it. To verify ownership Google will send a code to the email associated with your podcast’s RSS feed. Enter the code and submit to claim your podcast!